Friday, November 8, 2013

Aldi Two Week Menu Plan

After reading about discount grocery store Aldi on several blogs, I decided to try shopping there this week to see for myself if I could save money. My goal is to get my spending down to $100 a week for my family of six. I spent $169 at Aldi for two weeks worth of groceries. BUT I made make a trip milk and items for my husbands lunches the weekend between the two weeks. And I had a roast and pork chops in the freezer and didn't have to buy them. I ended up spending about $120 a week. Better than the $150 I had been spending, but I think the budget still needs work.

I found a lot of these recipes on momadvice.com.

DINNERS
  1. Roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, canned corn
  2. Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops, wild rice, green beans
  3. Ravioli, salad
  4. Baked salmon, boiled potatoes, corn
  5. Christina's Salsa Chicken, rice, refried beans
  6. Poor Man's Parmesan Chicken, salad
  7. Cheesy Ham Rotini Casserole, green beans
  8. Stroganoff, rice, corn
  9. Tacos
  10. BBQ smoked sausage, mac and cheese, salad
  11. Chicken rice casserole, kale
  12. Simple Delicious Chili, crackers
  13. Pizza, salad
  14. Blacken Salmon, pasta side dish mix, summer squash
LUNCHES
SNACKS
  • Apples
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Yogurt
  • Boiled Cookies
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Graham crackers and pb
  • Creamsicle Smoothies 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...