Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The birth of a new blog

My family!

My husband and I committed years ago that we would do everything we could to allow me to stay at home with the kids. Living on one income in today's economy is a definite struggle. One look at the budget and it's easy to see the main items that drain large amounts of money: gas and food. Even with couponing, I've been spending $150 a week on groceries for my family of six.


My goal is to get that down to $100 a week (or less!), saving us $200 a month. This blog is the story of my journey to be a good steward of what God has given us and feed my family yummy, varied meals that are healthy without breaking the bank.

Here are a few of the obstacles that I'm up against:
  1. I'm a foodie who loves trying new recipes and will get bored having the same thing over and over again. I need variety.
  2. My kids are super picky. It's something I hope they get over eventually, but something I have to consider now. I will need to find a balance between challenging their palates and fixing things they like.
  3. My husband hates leftovers. I think this stems from his childhood. Anyway, if I plan for leftovers, I mist be creative.
  4. We are currently a one car family. This helps with gas money since I'm running around all week. But I only have the car when my husband's off work and then we have to share. I can't run to 5 different stores and spend all day shopping.
My plans for this blog are to share frugal recipes and other techniques to save money on food. I'm excited to get started! Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...