Wednesday, May 28, 2014

This Week's Menu Plan

My husband lost his job two weeks ago. Luckily he started a  new job yesterday, BUT we have two weeks where no paycheck is coming in. Scary, but I know the Lord will provide for us, and it does remind me of the founding purpose of this blog: To share healthy, expensive recipes to help you save money on your grocery bill. 

Here I'm sharing this weeks menu plan with links to any recipes not on my blog. I hope this inspires you as you make your weekly menu. I spent around $70 at Walmart for groceries for this menu plan, including diapers and toilet paper. I had a whole month of WIC coupons which helped buy milk, cereal, bread, juice and fresh fruit.

Monday
Turkey Bacon Sandwiches with mayo, tomatoes and lettuce, watermelon

Tuesday
Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas, canned refried beans for a side (I had this chicken in the freezer.)

Wednesday
Pinto Beans with Bacon, cornbread muffins (I had the beans in the cabinet, just had to buy bacon)

Thursday
Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts, Summer Ranch Tomato Side (I had all the ingredients for this. I plan on making the pizza dough instead of buying it.)

Friday
Pizza, salad

Saturday
Shepherd's Pie

Sunday
Ravioli, Texas Toast, and green beans


Lunches
  • waffles (I have some syrup left)
  • grilled cheese
  • peanut butter and jelly
  • Leftovers
Snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...