Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chicken Fajitas: Easy and Quick!




I was so amazed that the Picky Kid Quad actually ate these fajitas. Ok, so they just ate the chicken our of them, but I am hoping that some of the vitamins from the peppers seeped onto the meat. :) We ate these without tortilla because I forgot them at the store. I always forget at least one thing on my list. How do I do that?! It's written down!

 

Chicken Fajitas

 

2 TBS oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 large green peppers, cut into strips 
1/4 onion, cut into strips (I sometimes skip these, my husband is an onion-phob.)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 TBS lime juice
whole wheat tortillas
toppings, such as, shredded 2% cheddar cheese, low fat sour cream, salsa

In a large skillet or dutch oven brown chicken in oil. Add seasonings and vegetables and saute until vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings. Make about 6 tortillas.

Nutritional Facts: 
1 tortilla, 271 calories, 9 g fat, 24 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 19 g protein. Weight Watchers Points Plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...